bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Engaged at The Chatsfield

Engaged at The Chatsfield - Melanie Milburne 4 stars

First Impression
I actually first came across Engaged at The Chatsfield while scrolling for new books on iBooks one night. After reading the synopsis I knew this was going to be a book I would love! Two nights later I was on NetGalley and came across the same book! I automatically requested it knowing I would love it and would want to share my review.

Opening Lines

"How many calories are there in a caramel-swirl cupcake? Juliet typed into her smartphone on the way to the Chatsfield Hotel for a hen's party hight tea."

The Good
 photo Es_giggle_zps53ed72ab.gif
Engaged at The Chatsfield is a prequel in The Chatsfield series and while others may complain it's too short I actually highly enjoyed it. Melanie Milburne had me laughing many times while reading it. I think part of the reason why I enjoyed this so much is I pictured it as a movie, a chic-flick that you would catch on TV.

'Juliet?'
It was as if an invisible wall had come down in front of her. She stopped dead. Froze. Then she slowly turned to face him. For a moment her face was as white as the polka dots on her cute retro dress, but then her cheeks went as cherry-red as the background fabric. 'M-Marcus?' Her voice came out like a squeak.

Poor Juliet. She told a lie that completely snowballed out of control! Enter Marcus Bainbridge, good looking but always manages to say the wrong thing. I found the banter between them to be very entertaining. The development between Marcus and Juliet was well laid out, Marcus was trying hard not to cross the line while Juliet was basically instigating for him to give up control and accept the connection between them. With all the reason for Marcus not to give in he finally has a breakthrough of just how much Juliet means to him, I only wish that part was stretched out a bit more.

"Just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I can't find a man. If I wanted to I could go right out there now and hook up with someone.'
'Not while you're wearing my ring, you won't.'
She swivelled back to look at him archly. 'It's not your ring, remember?'
Marcus scooped up his wallet and phone off the writing desk. 'No, but it soon will be.'

The Bad / The In-Between
- Nothing

Lasting Impression
Overall, Engaged at The Chatsfield was a hilarious and entertaining read! I couldn't stop giggling and I loved the development between Marcus and Juliet. I'm highly excited and looking forward to this series! Give it a try, what do you have to lose? It's free on Amazon, B&N, Kobo and ibooks! Purchase links can be found above. Do I recommend it? Yes. Would I buy it? Double YES!