bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Sex and the Single Vamp

Sex and the Single Vamp - Robin Covington  photo c84e18c8-8677-4526-89d4-fbd17c81445a_zpscae30e67.jpg

I came across this on my ibooks, and for the life of me couldn't understand or remember how it got there. So I went onto Goodreads and read the synopsis ding, ding, ding! I finally remembered that at one point I requested this book on Netgalley but got declined, so I must have went and bought it on ibooks when it came out.

Now don't let the title fool you, because it fooled me. I almost didn't read this because I assumed what it would mainly focus on; sex. I thought "Well, here's another book that will lack plot and mainly focus on sex". Boy was I ever wrong! This book actually had a strong plot and entertaining characters. I enjoyed this quick read more than I thought I would, and yes it had like 2? Maybe 3 steamy sex scenes.

Now I'm upset that this is not a series!! Because now I want a Andy and Maya story! Plus, I wouldn't mind reading about Antonio, OH! And Detective Ramirez. Robin, you can't do this! You can't write a great stand alone with amazing characters that need their own books! It's just cruel!!

Overall, Sex and the Single Vamp had great world building, funny and stubborn characters and a plot that I found to be absolutely solid!

I give this 4 steamy butterflies!

4 Stars