bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Come: Dirty, Dark, and Deadly Book One

Come: Dirty, Dark, and Deadly Book One - JA Huss  photo c84e18c8-8677-4526-89d4-fbd17c81445a_zpscae30e67.jpg

First Impression
The title is Come? Okay, get your head out of the gutter Patty it doesn't have to mean something dirty, even if there’s a half naked guy on the cover. *Reads synopsis* see Patty!? There’s no sexual reference what so ever! It’s probably just a suspenseful series with a little bit of romance. Get it together Patty.

Opening Lines
Even if I wasn’t looking…
Even if I wasn’t watching…
Even if I wasn’t obsessed…
There’s no way in hell I could miss her.”

The Good
 photo tumblr_moowllT2PI1qf7vx5o3_400_zpse8c01928.gif

WELL THEN!! I was wrong, oh I was so wrong. My head was originally in the RIGHT place! Who would have thought? Come is indeed dirty, hot, and steamy. This was my first J.A. Huss book and I have to say there was never a dull moment!! This book started off strong, the first couple of chapters were insanely good! But I felt that didn't follow throughout the rest of the book. However, it still did keep me intrigued from beginning to end! I found both Harper and James to be unique and intriguing characters and it was funny seeing James go from Mr. Beautiful to Mr. Dark & Dirty. The above gif is equivalent to my facial expression while reading certain scenes! Also, I strongly believe that James is Edward Cullen's twin. Why? He's a stalker..
“I know she has a phone. But I also know she never uses it. I’ve checked the minutes. It never changes. I know how much money she has, what’s inside her fridge. I know she touches herself at night sometimes. And she moans as she comes, her back arching for a second.”

The Bad
- Nothing that I would actually consider bad.

The In-Between
- Suspense? Where art thou? - I was hoping to get some real suspense while reading this, but unless I missed it there was no suspense. Hopefully there will be some major suspense in the next book!
- POV - With the way the synopsis is written I expected that majority of this book would be from James' perspective, there were a couple of chapters from his pov but majority of them we're from Harper. I wanted more James!!

Lasting Impression
Overall, Come was an interesting read. It's one of those books that's brings me out of my comfort zone but still manages to make me interested in seeing what will happen next! If you're a fan of Adult Fiction/Erotica and Romance than this is a book you HAVE to read.

photo 11cf41c7-1e98-4802-b5cb-c4d74927f760_zpsa5a331f4.jpg