bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Captivate Me (Book One: The Captivated Series)

Captivate Me (Book One: The Captivated Series) - SJ Pierce While I have had the Alyx Rayer Chronicles sitting on my TBR list for a while, this was my first time reading one of S.J. Pierce's books. And it will not be the last!! Normally I don't have high expectations when it comes to Paranormal novels, and thats because after a while all the stories seem similar. But I didn't find that with Captivate Me at all, I was completely blown away!

Authors sometimes struggle with mixing real life aspects and conflicts into a paranormal world. This book showed that it can be easily done. Pierce has a fantastic way with words, I found myself sitting curled up in my bed not wanting the story to end. There are a lot of plot twists, most I didn't see coming, and the build up to all the action was perfectly played out.

While there was still romance, I actually liked the fact that the first half of the book focused more on Kat dealing with her emotions. And I LOVED the love triangle! I enjoyed that Pierce was able to easily balance romance with suspense and drama. The only thing I didn't like, and let me just say it's a small thing. There was no cliffhanger, the ending is one that will easily flow into the opening of book 2. With all the different plot twist, I was expect a cliffhanger and when I got to the end and there was none I found myself somewhat disappointed sad. Overall, I found this book to be an easy read. It flowed perfectly, and the characters had the right amount of depth to them! This is one I will be recommending and read again...probably next week :).

My rating: ★★★★.5/5