bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Eternal Mixture

Eternal Mixture - Shevaun Delucia If you had the chance to start your life over, would you take it? If you were told you would live for eternity, would you embrace it? If a stranger told you he was your soul mate, would you believe it?

While reading this book, those 3 questions kept running through my mind as I tried to figure out what would happen between Raina and Brent. This book was absolutely fantastic!! From the first page I was hooked; A first kiss… can I just say that the writing on this page was just perfection?! THIS is what authors need to start doing. I read that page and I didn’t want to put the book down.

Eternal Mixture is a refreshing YA, fantasy book. Shevaun did an excellent job captured the present world and having it well collaborated with Raina and Brent’s past. Another bonus, Raina likes reading Christopher Pike! When I got to that point within the first chapter I knew I was going to like Raina’s character.

I found myself connected with Brent more than Raina. And I connected with Brent in the sense that I was basically rooting for him. The description of the pain he went through, having the one you love die multiple times was just heartbreaking. I wish the book was written from his perspective, with all his insights and being able to get a glimpse of what he’s thinking at different points would have been interesting! Especially towards Jaime and Jason.

This was a fantastic book that I definitely recommend to anyone who loves a good romance book. I only wish there was more! While Eternal Mixture had a solid ending, I feel like there is enough to develop another story and continue on with what will happen next between Raina and Brent. And I’m just saying, if Jason isn’t in the next book I wouldn’t be heartbroken about it, hehe.

Overall, fantastic book. I know I keep saying it but honestly it really is THAT good! This book had a solid plot, with a couple of good twist and two strong characters that I didn’t want to stop reading about. Pick up this book! You won’t regret it!