bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Her Dirty Boss (Bondage, BDSM, Alpha, Erotic Romance): Book #1

Her Dirty Boss (Bondage, BDSM, Alpha, Erotic Romance): Book #1 - Sadie Koenig What. did. I. just. read!?!?!!

Okay, so I completely understand that while reading a book there will be an unrealistic thing or two that take place, but this novella takes the cake!! An 18-year-old working for the CEO of a large marketing company and has no college background? REALLY!? Does that even happen? So not realistic at all, maybe it should have been written that she was doing an internship instead?

"At 18, life wasn't easy in corporate."

You think? YOU'RE 18!!! Of course it's not easy. And then, this part just kills me.

"I stared at my boss, 40-something, and imagined him with his clothes off."

Alice, you're 18. Incase you didn't get the memo that is a big NO-NO!! Her boss is the CEO of a marketing firm, someone please enlighten me on what CEO would hire an 18-year-old that wasn't in school to work for them. And it just keeps getting better...

"In my dream I met up with him after work, his cloying cologne filtering into my nostrils, and his suit fitted perfectly against is muscular body. It seemed wrong, he was so much older than I was, it ask seemed like he had so much experience. Where I fumbled and shook, he was confident and powerful. He guided me, it was wrong, but so right."

I don't even know what else to say. Alice's coworker tells her about a black riding crop that Alan keeps in his desk drawer, and she asks him about it and this leads to them having sex. Overall, this was a disappointing read and it's a series I will most definitely not continue reading. I tried, I really did but this book just wasn't for me, I also think this should have been titled Dirty Alice instead!!