bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Only With You : A Modern Retelling of Emma

Only With You : A Modern Retelling of Emma - Cecilia Gray  photo 4c7c57e9-244a-42fb-abaf-06f54de6e038_zpse7762b12.png

I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan! I can't believe I didn't know about the modern-day series before I joined the blog tour.

Cecilia Gray does a fantastic job of creating a modern-day Emma within a teen setting, and while having a modern-day Emma she manages to stay true to the original character written by Jane Austen. Emma means well by trying to always help others but she seems to put aside what she really wants until she's faced with the possibility of losing it (*cough*who*cough*). And of course I loved Knight, who doesn't?! He's so sweet and truly cares for Emma.

In every chapter the story continues to unfold, I loved watching Emma grow, and having her slowly become more comfortable with herself. Although the way she treated Knight got on my nerves, I didn't let it affect my overall depiction of this book. While this can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the rest of the series first. I wish I had! I would have better enjoyed and understood the back story had I read books 1-4.

Overall, Only With You was a cute; light read that I found to be refreshing. I highly look forward to the last book in this series (December 2014) and reading all previous books in the Jane Austen Academy Series. If you're looking for a chick-lit, make you feel good, cute and I can't stop giggling kind of read than I highly recommend picking up this book/series!