bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Emily and the Strangers #1

Emily and the Strangers #1 - Mariah Huehner, Rob Reger, Emily Ivie  photo 4c7c57e9-244a-42fb-abaf-06f54de6e038_zpse7762b12.png

"My mind is a terrible thing to waste. Which is why I cram it with odds, ends and all the best kind of brain junk."

I have always loved Emily the Strange. I remember back when I was in elementary school I would go to Spencer's to buy Emily the Strange t-shirts, I'm even 99% that I had a couple of books but I can't seem to find them.

Three reasons why I love Emily: One, she's strange (just like me) and strange things are basically normal in her world. Two, she has cats. Three, pretty self-explanatory but she's Emily. So when I saw this on Netgalley I HAD to read it! Now this isn’t the same Emily that we’ve all seen, and by that I mean that the drawing style is slightly different, but in a good way! The illustrations in this book were INSANE! I kept flipping back and staring at them, I couldn’t stop admiring them.

Emily and the Strangers introduces us to some new characters; Winston, Raven, Willow, and Evan Stranger that come together for a battle of the bands while Emily is being put to the test to see if she can play nice with others. I loved the addiction of new character, they added to the plot and gave me some laughable moments with their bickering. And her cats, omg such trouble makers that you can’t help but giggling over!
Willow: Yes! Come in! You have no idea how happy we are to see you!
Emily: Hold on. How do we know the profess sent her? She could be anyone.
Evan: Did we make her? Or was she always there?
Weston: Dude, don't. I'm getting a headache.

Overall, Emily and the Strangers was a fast paced and highly enjoyable read! I loved the plot, characters and the illustrations! I can’t wait to read Vol. 2, hopefully it’ll be posted to Netgalley prior to release hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge!

I give this 4 "zorking" butterflies!
4 Stars