bookishwanderlove

Maybe Someday
Colleen Hoover

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Patty has read 75 books toward her goal of 140 books.
hide

Finding Her Way Back

Finding Her Way Back - Heather Van Fleet **Originally posted on Bookish Wanderlove.**

3 stars

Opening Lines
“You need to lose weight. Pronto. I mean, look at how massive your hips have gotten, Callie. Freshman fifteen my ass…I’d say freshman thirty is more like it.”

Finding Her Way Back was an interesting and eye opening read. I really enjoyed Callie's character, I found her to be realistic and someone readers could actually relate to. My heart broke for her and all the things she had to go through. And then we have Anna, I never like using the word hate but I really REALLY disliked her. Even though we find out later on why she acts the way she does I couldn't find myself 100% sympathetic. And Callie and Anna's parents...they didn't seem realistic to me. I really didn't like the way they treated Callie.

At times I found Finding Her Way Back to be a little bit repetitive but I still managed to enjoy the story. As much as I really liked Callie and Kylan's characters I found it hard to connect with them. There was so much going on that I felt it took away from really focusing on Callie and Ky's relationship. I found myself constantly trying to keep up with all the different events happening that kept interfering with their relationship. Overall, Finding Her Way Back was an interesting read! I'm really curious to see if we'll get more Callie and Kylan in the future.